On behalf of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Rasim Aeon, Hello and Welcome to the Aksum Imperium. If this is your first time here, please proceed to the Welcome Center and introduce yourself, or you may proceed to your Quadrant introduce yourself there.

Please remember that your continued use of these forums or anything linked to Aksum Imperium, means you agree to follow the rules and terms of service of that platform/media. It also means that you agree to follow the rp laws and rules for the Aksum Imperium. If you can not do that, we kindly ask you to remove yourself versus a ban.

Thank you,

Grand Duke Xenos Sanguinoso
Grand Steward of the Imperium

Where were you and what were you doing today 12 years ago?

General OOC Discussion not covered under one of the listed boards. Rules still apply
Supreme Marshal
Supreme Marshal

Where were you and what were you doing today 12 years ago?

Post by Rasul Aeon »

My apologies for not posting this earlier, real life commemorations were going on.

Today, I want us to take a moment and remember those who lost their lives during the events of 9/11/01.  

What were you doing that?

I was 10. I can remember calling my dad to ask what it meant, and not being able to talk to him, because he was involved with what was going on at his base.  I was at school and began thinking the Russians were coming.  Funny now, but not funny then.  I joined the military years later.

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Where were you and what were you doing today 12 years ago?

Post by Allister Nexys »

8th grade English, then history, being originally from NY, my brother was deployed to help in ANG and was a firefighter. What got me was the Pentegon hit. to this day I still say we had a hand in on it. All this Loose Change
deadname: Allistar Nexys
Codename: Crimson
True Atlantean

Post by Nemesis Sass »

Thanks Bryce.

I was in a unit that was part of the emergency response to go some where and kick someone's a--

Don't care what people say or think about what happened. There were people who were real heroes and there were families who lost loved ones.

Emperor
Emperor

Post by Rasim Aeon »

I was a 2nd LT and the senior MP on duty at the base where the Conus Crisis Reaction Force was located.  I caused traffic to be backed up at the gates, because I shut them down.  

I remember the Russians are coming statement....rofl.

I remember being worried about family that worked in the Towers and at the Pentagon.  My family was living across from the Pentagon at the time. I went through grief, anger, grief, disgust, anger, and so on.  That day changed America. Sometimes I think for the worst.