On behalf of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Rasim Aeon, Hello and Welcome to the Aksum Imperium. If this is your first time here, please proceed to the Welcome Center and introduce yourself, or you may proceed to your Quadrant introduce yourself there.

Please remember that your continued use of these forums or anything linked to Aksum Imperium, means you agree to follow the rules and terms of service of that platform/media. It also means that you agree to follow the rp laws and rules for the Aksum Imperium. If you can not do that, we kindly ask you to remove yourself versus a ban.

Thank you,

Grand Duke Xenos Sanguinoso
Grand Steward of the Imperium

July 4, 2023

General OOC Discussion not covered under one of the listed boards. Rules still apply
Imperial High Marshal
Imperial High Marshal

July 4, 2023

Post by Xenos Sanguinoso »

For those that celebrate July 4th as a holiday.  What do you normally do for it?  What are your plans this year? Any special memories?
Prince Xenos Sanguinoso, KoG, KoS, KoI, KBGS
High Regent of the Dominion of Thora
High Lord of the Royal House of SanguiVile. Patriarch of the House of Sanguinoso
Grand Master and High Priest of the Order of Anubis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: July 4, 2023

Post by Allister Nexys »

Most may know that I tend to go camping with my family and see some historical sites. For the past few years, we've taken the drive from new york to the future home state of Tennessee. I think we're staying local this year because we're out of new york in the first week of August. Best memory I can think of was Virginia Beach, going into Norfolk because of the Naval enthusiast I am. Hoping to finally visit DC next year for the first time, Not once in my 35 years have I've been there always been one of the destinations that I'd love to.

deadname: Allistar Nexys
Codename: Crimson
True Atlantean
Vice Grand Provost Marshal
Vice Grand Provost Marshal

Post by Conrad Skylark »

The family and I usually cook out at someone's house, watch or have fireworks, and enjoy ourselves.  This year we are travelling to DC, wo while there we will be watching the fireworks and visiting friends and family in the area.
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Allister Nexys »

Honestly can't wait for the move, Would be able to shoot of the real fireworks instead of just having BS sparklers. The town I live in now does a display that brings at least 5000 people maybe more over the capital region, Water sky show, concert and just hanging out. Going to miss it.
True Atlantean

Post by Asmodeus Constantine »

The last few years, I have attended or participated in a parade and the would watch the fireworks from my back patio.  Previous to that, I was out of the country and it amazed me how many other countries celebrated the 4th of July.
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Allister Nexys »

Asmodeus wrote:Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:13 pm The last few years, I have attended or participated in a parade and the would watch the fireworks from my back patio.  Previous to that, I was out of the country and it amazed me how many other countries celebrated the 4th of July.

You'd be surprised on how many considering all the overseas bases, Missions ect. Hell I know some English that celebrate the 4th and that is funny

True Atlantean

Post by Arnia Doucet »

I will be travelling to visit family and we will eat and enjoy each others company.  Red, White, and Blue decorations, but no fireworks at the house.  Will watch others.

I did find it funny the other countries that celebrated.  Sometimes the purpose of the holiday it is forgotten .  
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Allister Nexys »

Whatever and where ever this 4th takes you this year, As always be safe. 
True Atlantean
Imperial High Marshal
Imperial High Marshal

Allister wrote:Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:13 pm Most may know that I tend to go camping with my family and see some historical sites. For the past few years, we've taken the drive from new york to the future home state of Tennessee. I think we're staying local this year because we're out of new york in the first week of August. Best memory I can think of was Virginia Beach, going into Norfolk because of the Naval enthusiast I am. Hoping to finally visit DC next year for the first time, Not once in my 35 years have I've been there always been one of the destinations that I'd love to.

I lived in Maryland and enjoyed the fireworks in DC and in Baltimore at the Harbor where Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner.

High Lord of the Royal House of SanguiVile. Patriarch of the House of Sanguinoso
Imperial High Marshal
Imperial High Marshal

The cookouts, seeing family and friends, the fireworks, all of it is phone.  I don't think matters the reason. Well, I think the reason is now the celebration of America in general, and what makes America, the Family.

I hope you all enjoy and have a safe holiday.