On behalf of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Rasim Aeon, Hello and Welcome to the Aksum Imperium. If this is your first time here, please proceed to the Welcome Center and introduce yourself, or you may proceed to your Quadrant introduce yourself there.

Please remember that your continued use of these forums or anything linked to Aksum Imperium, means you agree to follow the rules and terms of service of that platform/media. It also means that you agree to follow the rp laws and rules for the Aksum Imperium. If you can not do that, we kindly ask you to remove yourself versus a ban.

Thank you,

Grand Duke Xenos Sanguinoso
Grand Steward of the Imperium

Washington Name Change.....AGAIN

Place to discuss your favorite sports or teams
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Washington Name Change.....AGAIN

Post by Bismark Nexys »

This is something I've been up-to-date, I feel that the name should roll back. Thoughts?

Re: Washington Name Change.....AGAIN

Post by Dawn Sang »

As a long time fan and resident of the area, with some Rappahanock lineage.  I was bothered that it was changed from the previous name, Redskins. However, I understood why so many were against it.  Just as many things in this country start honorably or with positive meanings.  Circumstances and humanity at its worst causes things to turn.  I am ok now, with the name change, but it should have been something that still honored Native Americans.  I would have been ok with Red Tails since a lot of Tuskegee Airman were from the area.  A relative of mine being one of them.

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Allister Nexys »

Red tails I like. everything has been so politicized lately, I'll admit that I'm a long time Pats fan, maybe that should change too lol
deadname: Allistar Nexys
Codename: Crimson
True Atlantean
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Allister Nexys »

True Atlantean
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Allister Nexys »

I want Dallas to drop boys and adopt cowgirls......yes, I did make a pun ;)

True Atlantean
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Rasim Aeon »

First. Please do not disrespect this post about the Washington Redskins, Football Team, or Commanders by even hinting at that club of whatever in Dallas....lol

I have Cherokee and Rappahanock lineage.  Born and raised in DC knowing the song before I learned my alphabet. I know the history of the word Redskin and the demeaning nature of the word redskin.  I would have preferred the name stayed the same, but understood in this environment, the discussion and issue.  I don't like Commanders as a name. I liked even less getting an email as a Veteran who was or is a season ticket holder saying you changed the name to honor us.  That's some BS.  Redtails would have been a better alternative.  I had the opportunity to meet a number of the Tuskegee Airman that retired in the area.  

Lastly.  Don't really care if the owner changes it or not.  I don't make a profit from it.  I'm going to root for my team regardless.  I am going to be bothered with my team when they lose and very happy when they win.  Just my 1/1000 of an A$.

Post by Alexys Nexys »

Rasim wrote:Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:25 pm First. Please do not disrespect this post about the Washington Redskins, Football Team, or Commanders by even hinting at that club of whatever in Dallas....lol

I have Cherokee and Rappahanock lineage.  Born and raised in DC knowing the song before I learned my alphabet. I know the history of the word Redskin and the demeaning nature of the word redskin.  I would have preferred the name stayed the same, but understood in this environment, the discussion and issue.  I don't like Commanders as a name. I liked even less getting an email as a Veteran who was or is a season ticket holder saying you changed the name to honor us.  That's some BS.  Redtails would have been a better alternative.  I had the opportunity to meet a number of the Tuskegee Airman that retired in the area.  

Lastly.  Don't really care if the owner changes it or not.  I don't make a profit from it.  I'm going to root for my team regardless.  I am going to be bothered with my team when they lose and very happy when they win.  Just my 1/1000 of an A$.

I'm actually stoked we got Zeke from Dallas, really think he will do good on the pats this year

Senator At Large